Email Folder Pane Separator Bar
Add Reply
g***@gmail.com
2018-07-18 14:41:15 UTC
The email folder view is separated into a list pane and a message preview pane separated by some controls and a bar that lets you move the separator to adjust the size of the two panes. I'm a bit particular about getting this separator in the same spot for all my folders so it doesn't jump around when I'm thumbing through them. This can be very fiddly to adjust carefully and every once in a while something upsets Eudora so it has to be done again for all my folders. Much bother...

I'm thinking this info is stored somewhere and I should be able to edit a file or something to save all the fiddling. But it doesn't seem to be in the Eudora.ini file. I don't see any other likely candidates. Anyone know where the position of this bar is stored?

Rick C.
Erik
2018-07-19 17:05:24 UTC
Post by g***@gmail.com
The email folder view is separated into a list pane and a message
preview pane separated by some controls and a bar that lets you move
the separator to adjust the size of the two panes. I'm a bit
particular about getting this separator in the same spot for all my
folders so it doesn't jump around when I'm thumbing through them.
This can be very fiddly to adjust carefully and every once in a while
something upsets Eudora so it has to be done again for all my folders.
Much bother...
I'm thinking this info is stored somewhere and I should be able to
edit a file or something to save all the fiddling. But it doesn't
seem to be in the Eudora.ini file. I don't see any other likely
candidates. Anyone know where the position of this bar is stored?
That setting is controlled by the .toc (Table of Contents) file for
each individual mailbox. Unfortunately the .toc is a binary file.

Erik