2018-08-29 13:56:28 UTC
I thought I had installed correctly for Win10 Home, and copied my settings/mailboxes, etc from my older laptop, but obviously not.
Program is in: D:\Program Files\Eudora (internal drive, C is for OS)
Data/Mailboxes/Attachments are in: C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\Eudora
The problem is the temp files, which are going to C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Temp
My assumption is that a temp file is created for each mailbox when mail comes in, based on the number of errors I am seeing for each check mail.
Every so often, I get the following message: Could not delete file <filename in the Temp directory above, name changes every time>
Cause: Access permission denied. File may be marked as read only or locked (13). I checked, the file is not read only and I am the only account and I have all permissions for the folder.
This is followed occasionally, once I hit OK, that an exception has occurred, and Eudora closes. Most times, Eudora displays the mail in the correct mailbox.
Also occasionally, if Eudora does not close, then the inbox has emails with a question mark as the status (these were emails that were trashed or moved to other mailboxes, but it's somewhat obvious that the mailbox was not saved).
Based on some research, I have tried the following with no joy:
I have moved the temp folder for both TEMP and TMP to a Temp folder on the internal D drive, and verified in Environmental Variables.
I also changed this line in eudora.ini:
AutoReceiveAttachmentsDirectory=C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\Eudora\attach (now the correct attachments directory)
And have made the desktop shortcut start in as: C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\Eudora
I have no problem uninstalling and doing a clean install (although I would like to keep most of my ini file, but either I did something wrong on the install or one of the transferred files is out of wack. As a note, on my old Win7 Pro laptop, everything was in a single Qualcomm/Eudora folder in the internal D drive, Programs folder.