Migrate
Brig
2018-01-06 18:37:14 UTC
Well, I haven't attempted this in a decade, so I need a refresher
course. I am getting a new computer (Win 10) because my old one is
giving up the ghost. Is there some where that the steps to migrating
eudora to the new is listed so I know what the procedure is? I need
to do this asap as I don't think the old one is going to be viable for
long. Appreciate any help on this. Thanks
Larc
2018-01-06 21:03:42 UTC
On Sat, 06 Jan 2018 10:37:14 -0800, Brig <***@gmail.com> wrote:

| Well, I haven't attempted this in a decade, so I need a refresher
| course. I am getting a new computer (Win 10) because my old one is
| giving up the ghost. Is there some where that the steps to migrating
| eudora to the new is listed so I know what the procedure is? I need
| to do this asap as I don't think the old one is going to be viable for
| long. Appreciate any help on this. Thanks

Somebody will probably have a better method, but this is what I did:

1- Copy everything in (Your Name) > AppData > Roaming > Qualcomm > Eudora on old PC
to a USB drive.

2- Install Eudora on new PC

3- Copy all folders and files on USB drive to (Your Name) > AppData > Roaming >
Qualcomm > Eudora on new PC (overwrite all existing)

Eudora on your new PC should be indistinguishable from Eudora on your old PC,
including settings and saved items.

Good luck!

Larc
Brig
2018-01-06 23:15:58 UTC
Post by Larc
1- Copy everything in (Your Name) > AppData > Roaming > Qualcomm > Eudora on old PC
to a USB drive.
2- Install Eudora on new PC
3- Copy all folders and files on USB drive to (Your Name) > AppData > Roaming >
Qualcomm > Eudora on new PC (overwrite all existing)
Eudora on your new PC should be indistinguishable from Eudora on your old PC,
including settings and saved items.
Good luck!
Larc
Thanks. I will do that right now.