POP SSL & port settings in EudoraPro 7.1.0.9 Paid Mode
c***@nym.hush.com
2018-01-13 00:17:50 UTC
Cox Communications, my ISP & Internet provider, send me email indicating
they are going to require new settings for devices for checking email.

These new changes take effect January 25, 2018

They require: "Under email settings change your incoming/POP mail server
setting from 110 to 995 with SSL enabled."

I've figured out how to make these simple changes on my iOS devices but
can't figure out how to make these changes on EudoraPro.

I've even looked at 'Eudora.INI' with a text editor and still can't figure
it out.

Any help would be appreciated. TIA.
Dennis Lee Bieber
2018-01-13 02:56:56 UTC
Post by c***@nym.hush.com
They require: "Under email settings change your incoming/POP mail server
setting from 110 to 995 with SSL enabled."
For each incoming (ie: "check mail") personality, try setting the
incoming server "Secure Sockets when Receiving" to "Required, Alternate
Port"
--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
***@ix.netcom.com HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/
c***@nym.hush.com
2018-01-24 04:18:04 UTC
On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 21:56:56 -0500, Dennis Lee Bieber
Post by Dennis Lee Bieber
Post by c***@nym.hush.com
They require: "Under email settings change your incoming/POP mail server
setting from 110 to 995 with SSL enabled."
For each incoming (ie: "check mail") personality, try setting the
incoming server "Secure Sockets when Receiving" to "Required, Alternate
Port"
I did that. Now it complains that the SSL Certificate is out of date. I'll
look in the archives on how to authenticate the last certificate.

And, now they want outgoing email to be SSL enabled as well.
c***@nym.hush.com
2018-01-26 05:17:15 UTC
Post by Dennis Lee Bieber
Post by c***@nym.hush.com
They require: "Under email settings change your incoming/POP mail server
setting from 110 to 995 with SSL enabled."
For each incoming (ie: "check mail") personality, try setting the
incoming server "Secure Sockets when Receiving" to "Required, Alternate
Port"
Dennis,

Thanks again for your help. I was able to get EudoraPro to work.

The problem was a certificate mismatch. I had 'smtp.west.cox.net' in my
configuration. The certificate was for 'smtp.cox.net'. When I removed the
'west' from the configuration it worked a treat.

It feels good solving problems such as this every once in a while.

'73. de W-D-six-A-E-eye /jack/