Is there an "eml" plugin for Eudora ?
CatBird
2008-05-21 17:54:15 UTC
People are always sending me mail from MS Outlook with picture files
ending in the .eml extension.
Eudora (V7.1) just displays them as gibberish. Is there any way to
view these eml files via a plugin or some other method.

Did a web search and came up empty. Thanks

"I feel the need for speed!"
Han
2008-05-21 22:33:09 UTC
Post by CatBird
People are always sending me mail from MS Outlook with picture files
ending in the .eml extension.
Eudora (V7.1) just displays them as gibberish. Is there any way to
view these eml files via a plugin or some other method.
Did a web search and came up empty. Thanks
"I feel the need for speed!"
I use Irfanview, an excellent graphics viewer and much more, and it shows
eml files just fine. Oh, it's freeware.
--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid
CatBird
2008-05-23 03:34:13 UTC
Post by Han
Post by CatBird
People are always sending me mail from MS Outlook with picture files
ending in the .eml extension.
Eudora (V7.1) just displays them as gibberish. Is there any way to
view these eml files via a plugin or some other method.
Did a web search and came up empty. Thanks
"I feel the need for speed!"
I use Irfanview, an excellent graphics viewer and much more, and it shows
eml files just fine. Oh, it's freeware.
Thanks Han, I've been using Irfanview for years and never knew that it
could handle eml files.

"I feel the need for speed!"
Han
2008-05-24 00:46:02 UTC
Post by CatBird
Post by Han
eml files just fine. Oh, it's freeware.
Thanks Han, I've been using Irfanview for years and never knew that it
could handle eml files.
"I feel the need for speed!"
You're welcome. Yes Irfanview is great!
--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid
m***@gmail.com
2018-09-11 06:33:16 UTC
I am sharing my experience whenever I was facing same trouble to convert EML to Eudora Mail. I searched for the answer to this problem on Google and found there software EML to Eudora converter tool. Download link here: https://www.gaintools.com/eml/mbox/
m***@gmail.com
2018-09-11 06:33:59 UTC
John H Meyers
2008-05-23 23:36:55 UTC
Post by CatBird
People are always sending me mail from MS Outlook
with picture files ending in the .eml extension.
The ".eml" extension is normally reserved
for Outlook Express email messages, rather than for pure image files.

That same extension is normally associated in Windows with Outlook Express
by default, and such isolated messages are then automatically opened
by (built-in) Outlook Express whenever Windows is asked to open them.

If a pure image file is mis-named with an .eml extension, then an image
viewing program can view it (e.g. built-in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer,
external IrfanView, XnView, etc., which now also have extra plugins for other
file types; Windows' "Open With" function can be used to select a program).

Additional information on .eml extension:
http://filext.com/file-extension/EML