Bad login HELP
Jim Thompson
2018-04-25 22:50:04 UTC
Somehow Eudora has bungled the password into my mail server.

But I can login just fine using web access.

How do I change the password Eudora is trying to pass?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions,
by understanding what nature is hiding.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that
is the secret of happiness." -James Barrie
Dennis Lee Bieber
2018-04-26 00:56:52 UTC
On Wed, 25 Apr 2018 15:50:04 -0700, Jim Thompson
Post by Jim Thompson
Somehow Eudora has bungled the password into my mail server.
But I can login just fine using web access.
How do I change the password Eudora is trying to pass?
Special
Forget Passwords

It should then prompt you for a password the next time it tries to
connect.

Or... if you are good at running a base-64 encoder/decoder you could
edit the
SavePasswordText
entry(ies) in the eudora.ini file (decoding what is there would show you
what it is sending, encoding a new one may be a touch tricky -- Eudora does
something to make the base-64 encoding a particular length)
--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
***@ix.netcom.com HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/
Jim Thompson
2018-04-26 01:27:03 UTC
Post by Jim Thompson
Somehow Eudora has bungled the password into my mail server.
But I can login just fine using web access.
How do I change the password Eudora is trying to pass?
Special
Forget Passwords
It should then prompt you for a password the next time it tries to
connect.
That worked. THANKS!

I'll print your suggestion out, frame it, and hang it on my office
wall ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Ajo Wissink
2018-04-26 01:01:09 UTC
Post by Jim Thompson
Somehow Eudora has bungled the password into my mail server.
But I can login just fine using web access.
How do I change the password Eudora is trying to pass?
You have to change the password on the web, then, in Eudora, you
select Special > Forget passwords and select the one you want in the
drop-down list. The next time you select mail you have to enter the
new password and there you can also check the option for Eudora to
remember that new password.
--
Ajo Wissink