Eudora Will Not Connect to Server
John
2006-05-20 16:48:01 UTC
Eudora was working OK, but then I uninstalled Norton Anti Virus
2006, using Windows XP Add/Remove from Control Panel. The
uninstall seemed to go smoothly. Now my Internet and News
connections are still OK, but Eudora will not connect to the POP
server. It says: "Could not connect pop.west.cox.net Cause:
connection timed out (10060)." I get a similar message when
trying to send mail, except, of course, it's the SMTP server that
it can't connect to.

I have tried Outlook Express on the same computer, and it works
OK.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
John
6.256pd, XP
Daniel Jacobson
2006-05-20 20:24:07 UTC
Post by John
Eudora was working OK, but then I uninstalled Norton Anti Virus
2006, using Windows XP Add/Remove from Control Panel. The
uninstall seemed to go smoothly. Now my Internet and News
connections are still OK, but Eudora will not connect to the POP
connection timed out (10060)." I get a similar message when
trying to send mail, except, of course, it's the SMTP server that
it can't connect to.
I have tried Outlook Express on the same computer, and it works OK.
Any ideas?
Try:
Norton Probably modified some of your settings if you had it
check your incoming mail.

Double check everything after the uninstall
Error: 10060, 10061, or 10065
http://eudora.com/techsupport/kb/1357hq.html

Error 10060 or 10061 (older versions of Eudora)
http://eudora.com/techsupport/kb/2023hq.html
--
Over and Out
Daniel Jacobson
John
2006-05-21 15:01:39 UTC
Post by Daniel Jacobson
Post by John
[...]
Thanks, Daniel. NAV 2006 had changed a setting, but not in
Eudora. As your post indirectly suggested, it had blocked Eudora
in my firewall, in order to direct my mail to its scanner, and
didn't reverse this on uninstall.

NAV 2006 is a busy, constantly complaining piece of software
WHICH CANNOT BE TURNED OFF. I uninstalled it because Windows XP
System Restore did not work right when it was present.

John