Eudora Error 10053
Andre S. Elliott
2003-10-14 17:54:09 UTC
Hello,

I am running Eudora 6.0 on Windows XP professional and I get the following
error when I try to download mail:

error reading from network, cause connection aborted due to timeout or other
failure, 10053.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Gianni Bagni
2003-10-14 19:55:21 UTC
Post by Andre S. Elliott
I am running Eudora 6.0 on Windows XP professional and I get the following
error reading from network, cause connection aborted due to timeout or other
failure, 10053.
The following is from a Eudora Tech Support article:

"The most common cause of this error message is that one of your settings
is incorrect. Go to Tools | Options | Getting Started. Verify your
settings, especially:

login name
Mail Server (Incoming)
SMTP Server (Outgoing)

"Also, your settings should probably have the host and domain names spelled
out, not the IP addresses (numbers). If you have any doubts about what your
POP account and SMTP server are, your Internet Service Provider or system
administrator can tell you that information.

"If that's not it, try checking these things:

Go to Tools | Options | Advanced Network. Uncheck "Cache Network Info."
Also, raise the "Network Open Timeout After" setting to 360 and raise the
"Network Timeout After" setting to 360.

Go to Tools | Options | Sending Mail. Uncheck the "Send on check" setting.

"Lastly, if you're using a dial-up connection, get connected to the
Internet first through Dial-Up Networking. Once you're connected to your
provider, then launch Eudora and see if it can check/send mail."

John