Sent stationery messages not saved!
Maria Schulze
2005-04-12 10:53:25 UTC
Hello -:)
I have the following problem with Eudora 6.
Wenn I use and send a stationery file after I have edited it, the sent
message doesn't appear in the "Out" folder. Is this a bug?
Han
2005-04-12 11:47:21 UTC
Post by Maria Schulze
Hello -:)
I have the following problem with Eudora 6.
Wenn I use and send a stationery file after I have edited it, the sent
message doesn't appear in the "Out" folder. Is this a bug?
As I understand it, a stationery file is a template for standard settings
in an email. Once saved, you can send emails by choosing New Message Using

Sending it somewhere (other than saving it in the Stationery directory),
doesn't make sense to me.

Please explain exactly what you want to do.
--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid
Maria Schulze
2005-04-12 14:16:47 UTC
Post by Han
Post by Maria Schulze
Hello -:)
I have the following problem with Eudora 6.
Wenn I use and send a stationery file after I have edited it, the sent
message doesn't appear in the "Out" folder. Is this a bug?
As I understand it, a stationery file is a template for standard settings
in an email. Once saved, you can send emails by choosing New Message Using
Sending it somewhere (other than saving it in the Stationery directory),
doesn't make sense to me.
Please explain exactly what you want to do.
As I understand, if I directly open a stationary file, then modify it and
send it, then the message is not saved. How can it be, that I have no copy
of the sent message in the "out" mailbox??? The message is sent because I
got responses.
Froggie the Gremlin
2005-04-12 16:17:16 UTC
On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 16:16:47 +0200, "Maria Schulze"
Post by Maria Schulze
Post by Han
Sending it somewhere (other than saving it in the Stationery directory),
doesn't make sense to me.
Please explain exactly what you want to do.
As I understand, if I directly open a stationary file, then modify it and
send it, then the message is not saved. How can it be, that I have no copy
of the sent message in the "out" mailbox??? The message is sent because I
got responses.
As I understand it, EUDORA saves SENT msgs in either the OUT box or
the TRASH folder, depending on configuration. Have you looked into
the TRASH folder to see if your sent msgs are there?

---<ribbit>
Maria Schulze
2005-04-12 17:26:11 UTC
Post by Froggie the Gremlin
Post by Maria Schulze
Post by Han
Sending it somewhere (other than saving it in the Stationery directory),
doesn't make sense to me.
Please explain exactly what you want to do.
As I understand, if I directly open a stationary file, then modify it and
send it, then the message is not saved. How can it be, that I have no copy
of the sent message in the "out" mailbox??? The message is sent because I
got responses.
As I understand it, EUDORA saves SENT msgs in either the OUT box or
the TRASH folder, depending on configuration. Have you looked into
the TRASH folder to see if your sent msgs are there?
You are right, the messages were in the "trash"-folder. How can I configure
Eudora, so that the messages are kept in the "out" box?
Notan
2005-04-12 17:33:23 UTC
Post by Maria Schulze
Post by Han
Sending it somewhere (other than saving it in the Stationery directory),
doesn't make sense to me.
Please explain exactly what you want to do.
As I understand, if I directly open a stationary file, then modify it and
send it, then the message is not saved. How can it be, that I have no copy
of the sent message in the "out" mailbox??? The message is sent because I
got responses.
As I understand it, EUDORA saves SENT msgs in either the OUT box or
the TRASH folder, depending on configuration. Have you looked into
the TRASH folder to see if your sent msgs are there?
Why would Sent messages go to Trash, unless there was some type of
Outgoing filter to send them there?

Notan
Froggie the Gremlin
2005-04-13 00:42:51 UTC
Post by Maria Schulze
Post by Han
Sending it somewhere (other than saving it in the Stationery directory),
doesn't make sense to me.
Please explain exactly what you want to do.
As I understand, if I directly open a stationary file, then modify it and
send it, then the message is not saved. How can it be, that I have no copy
of the sent message in the "out" mailbox??? The message is sent because I
got responses.
As I understand it, EUDORA saves SENT msgs in either the OUT box or
the TRASH folder, depending on configuration. Have you looked into
the TRASH folder to see if your sent msgs are there?
Why would Sent messages go to Trash, unless there was some type of
Outgoing filter to send them there?
Notan
There's a checkbox option under Tools/Options/Composing Mail called
"Keep copies." If you check it, all outgoing (SENT) mail will go into
the OUT box, if unchecked, it goes into the TRASH and not into the OUT
box.

---<ribbit>
Maria Schulze
2005-04-13 07:10:31 UTC
Post by Froggie the Gremlin
"Keep copies." If you check it, all outgoing (SENT) mail will go into
the OUT box, if unchecked, it goes into the TRASH and not into the OUT
box.
The "keep copies" option is already checked. All sent messages appear in the
"Out" box after sending. But a modified stationary message appears in
"trash" after sending. I think something is wrong hier...
Froggie the Gremlin
2005-04-13 11:58:06 UTC
Post by Froggie the Gremlin
"Keep copies." If you check it, all outgoing (SENT) mail will go into
the OUT box, if unchecked, it goes into the TRASH and not into the OUT
box.
The "keep copies" option is already checked. All sent messages appear in the
"Out" box after sending. But a modified stationary message appears in
"trash" after sending. I think something is wrong hier...
Indeed this anomaly is reproducable and inconsistent with the directed
processing of SENT msgs. I think it should be reported to QUALCOMM.
Whether STATIONARY is used to template a new msg or not, it should
still flow according to directives after being sent... and it does
not.

---<ribbit>
Katrina Knight
2005-04-15 18:59:18 UTC
Post by Froggie the Gremlin
"Keep copies." If you check it, all outgoing (SENT) mail will go into
the OUT box, if unchecked, it goes into the TRASH and not into the OUT
box.
The "keep copies" option is already checked. All sent messages appear in the
"Out" box after sending. But a modified stationary message appears in
"trash" after sending. I think something is wrong hier...
There is a button on the composition window toolbar for whether or not a
copy of that specific message should be saved. If you use stationery that
does not have the button in the proper position for saving copies, then
copies won't be saved and they'll end up in the trash. That button
overrides the "keep copies" setting.
Katrina
Mary Wellman
I went into my Options and the box for KEEP COPIES is checked as always. Now, it's not only NOT saving stationary, but also not saving ANY OUTGOING mail either :-( .... I LOVE EUDORA but these problems are getting too much! I can't find any program with filters and stationary and the rest of the features Eudora has ... tried Thunderbird but don't care for it all all .... I hope someone can help me!
gnuarm.del...@gmail.com
2023-06-16 05:00:10 UTC
Post by Katrina Knight
Post by Froggie the Gremlin
[...]
I assume you have tried restarting Eudora and rebooting your computer? I know my copy of Eudora sometimes gets into a knot and is sorted by restarting it. I tend to not close the programs I use constantly or even restart my computer. Sometimes issues mount up and cause hard to diagnose problems that are fixed with a reboot.
--
Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
inpu...@gmail.com
2023-08-10 17:09:37 UTC
Post by Maria Schulze
Hello -:)
I have the following problem with Eudora 6.
Wenn I use and send a stationery file after I have edited it, the sent
message doesn't appear in the "Out" folder. Is this a bug?
is it fixed or I can also help you fix it