Eudora 7 installer? Listmoms gone?
Dinosaurus
2023-10-23 05:58:57 UTC
I've just search 'installer' in saved emails from http://www.listmoms.net/eudora-win/, and all the installer links people had shared are defunct. In another google group somebody said last year that egroup was still going strong, but I find no trace of listmoms.net.

I check the safety of sites offering the installer like Softonic and Filehippo, and people have posted warnings about ALL of them -- even cnet! Please advise.
DaveH2
2023-10-23 11:21:54 UTC
I've just search 'installer' in saved emails from http://www.listmoms.net/eudora-win/, and all the installer links people had shared are defunct. In another google group somebody said last year that egroup was still going strong, but I find no trace of listmoms.net.
I check the safety of sites offering the installer like Softonic and Filehippo, and people have posted warnings about ALL of them -- even cnet! Please advise.
You really need to download and install the version of the Eudora installer which has the Hermes SSL updates included.
Otherwise, it's very likely that it won't be able to communicate with many modern e-mail servers.
If you install over the top of an existing installation, still select to do a new installation instead of an update, or it will not work correctly.
You can get it here - https://sourceforge.net/projects/hermesmail/files/hermsetup.exe/download
The Listmoms Eudora list is still online and working. To join, visit - mailto:join-eudora-***@hades.listmoms.net
You have to include the word 'Gazelle' in the subject line!
HTH. Cheers, Dave.
DaveH2
2023-10-23 11:25:28 UTC
[...]
The Listmoms Eudora list is still online and working. To join, send a message to - join-eudora-***@hades.listmoms.net.
You have to include the word 'Gazelle' in the subject line!
HTH. Cheers, Dave.
Dinosaurus
2023-10-26 16:01:30 UTC
Post by DaveH2
You really need to download and install the version of the Eudora installer which has the Hermes SSL updates included.
Otherwise, it's very likely that it won't be able to communicate with many modern e-mail servers.
If you install over the top of an existing installation, still select to do a new installation instead of an update, or it will not work correctly.
You can get it here - https://sourceforge.net/projects/hermesmail/files/hermsetup.exe/download
You have to include the word 'Gazelle' in the subject line!
HTH. Cheers, Dave.
Thanks so much, Dave -- I hope that's true of version 7? And Sourceforge is definitely safe for it?
I did Reply All for this because Reply Sender was grayed out.
DaveH2
2023-10-27 10:42:59 UTC
Post by Dinosaurus
Post by DaveH2
You really need to download and install the version of the Eudora installer which has the Hermes SSL updates included.
Otherwise, it's very likely that it won't be able to communicate with many modern e-mail servers.
If you install over the top of an existing installation, still select to do a new installation instead of an update, or it will not work correctly.
You can get it here - https://sourceforge.net/projects/hermesmail/files/hermsetup.exe/download
You have to include the word 'Gazelle' in the subject line!
HTH. Cheers, Dave.
Thanks so much, Dave -- I hope that's true of version 7? And Sourceforge is definitely safe for it?
I did Reply All for this because Reply Sender was grayed out.
I've only ever had the 'reply all' option here.
Yes, the Sourceforge download should be perfectly safe.